Happy Wednesday friends!
Today is Random Thoughts day...although today, my "thoughts" are more like tidbits. Give me your randomness in the comments.
- My mother bought my father a Kindle for Christmas, but because he is technologically retarded and she only slightly less so, they do not have wifi and must therefore download books to her computer and then drag them over. Well, apparently yesterday she couldn't figure out how to do it (even though I had showed her) so she called Amazon support. In case you have never called Amazon support, they are located in Indonesia or someplace like that and don't speak the English very good as my father would say. The Indonesian person my mother got on the phone kept telling her to click on her "Start" button, but since my mother has just recently entered the world of technology, Windows 7 no longer has a "Start" button but instead just a window button. 45 minutes later and after much arguing and insisting she did not have a start button, she finally figured out what he was talking about and they got the books downloaded onto the Kindle.
- I hate the resolutioners in the gym this week. They take up all the machines, they walk around with their barbie weights, and they hog the weight room floor. I mean, we both know that they are only going to last a week with their ridiculous resolution so why not just quit now and give me my gym space back?
- I've been sick as a dog all this week but managed to workout yesterday, plan on working out at lunch today, and am trying my hand at indoor rock climbing. I will report in on that tomorrow. I have committed to trying things that I've always wanted to try over the last year or so, because let's face it, I'm not getting any younger and before I know it life will have passed me by. Next up on the list is finally learning how to snowboard in a couple of weeks.
- As a result of peer pressure (yes, peer pressure is still a factor, even when you're an adult, it's not just for the junior high kids with sex and drugs!) I signed up for another half marathon this spring. Well, I am regretting that big time at this moment. I fell out of love with running a while ago, and every once in a while I feel the pain of missing it, but it's usually very short lived once I think back to training for my last half marathon. I run a few miles here and there but have not run anything more than that in almost a year. And truthfully, I've been really happy with that. My training schedule starts next month and I am dreading it. Lend me some motivation runners!
- TV is back! YAY! After the holiday hiatus, all my favorite shows are back...The Bachelor, Biggest Loser, Pretty Little Liars, The Challenge (yes I still watch it, I can't help myself and I know I may be the only one left). I am also looking forward to a new show, The Resolution (because who doesn't think Tim Gunn is the coolest guy ever?). As much as I love to read, I have already read 3 books this year so I'm excited for more mindless television watching. Is it spring yet? Staying inside sucks.